The United States Transportation Security Administration has released its annual list of the strangest things seized at airports.
The list shows not just the ongoing need for vigilance at airports but the increasing ingenuity of would-be smugglers.
The offending items and the US airports where they were found:
1. Fentanyl wrapped and disguised as sweets – Los Angeles International Airport
2. A gun inside a raw chicken – Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport
3. A firearm in a jar of peanut butter – John F Kennedy International Airport
4. A gun in an arm sling – Frederick Douglass – Greater Rochester International Airport
5. A knife in a laptop – Richmond International Airport
6. Drugs hidden in hair ‘scrunchies’ – Boise Airport
7. A gun inside a PlayStation – Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
8. A dismantled cattle prod in a guitar case– Washington Dulles International Airport
9. An inert grenade – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport
10. Cash hidden in hollow crutches – El Paso International Airport