Poland’s Centralny Port Komunikacyjny (CPK) project is making progress in its bid to attract financial investment, Marcin Horała told IATA.

Minister Marcin Horała, deputy minister of funds and regional policy and government plenipotentiary for CPK, has shared updates on the project's advancement, funding structure, and the ongoing acquisition of financial investors with the International Air Transport Association (IATA).

The search for financial investors is progressing steadily, with strong competition among potential investors. Incheon Airport, currently serving as an operational advisor, and Vinci Airports, have expressed interest in becoming co-investors in the project, Horała said. CPK is accepting offers until mid-June. 

Horała stressed the significance of finding an investor who not only provides financial support but also brings substantial know-how to the project.

In terms of the financing structure, CPK envisions that 60% of the airport-related investments will be covered by debt, such as bonds and loans, while the remaining 40% will be financed through equity. This equity will be injected into the company responsible for developing and operating the airport. Minority investor may control up to a 49% stake in this company, while the State Treasury will retain a stake of at least 51%. “Such a solution allows us to preserve the state's control over the project while benefiting from the know-how and experience of the investor,” said Horała.

Image: Centralny Port Komunikacyjny